Case study: Assessing the organisation
1-on-1 interviewing to understand the context
The organisation had identified some potential areas of improvement. If these areas were a few persons’ opinions or the whole organisations’ pain points needed to be discovered.
I was assigned to do an organisational transformation based on these potential areas of improvements. To start, a full assessment of the organisation was needed.
- One-on-one interview sessions with all employees (this is a small-sized company) to elicit the underlying needs and problems
- Thematic analysis of the data from the interviews, finding patterns and common behavioural structures
- Presentation of the insights
- 12 insights, summarised as 3 improvement areas, that created the foundation of the transformation journey ahead
- Specific findings in different parts of the organisation that required transition and/or transformation
The leadership and the employees understood the common problems of the whole organisation and could begin to understand their role in the upcoming transformation.